")
Monreale

In the province of Palermo, Monreale, is one of the most beautiful cathedrals of the island of Sicily. It was built in 1174 by William II d'Altavilla, on the steep sides of Mount Caputo dominates the whole valley of gold.

The Cathedral shows a 'imposing facade with a portico of three-light window and two large fortified towers, one of which, the right has been converted into a bell tower. Besides the towers, the façade is also home to the bronze doors of high value, one of which in 1185, designed by Bonanno Pisano.